A Message from Perona Langer Beck Serbin Harrison COVID-19 Virus Update

Call Us Anytime At (800) 435-7542
  • Email Us
  • Call Us Today (800) 435-7542

The Three Steps You Must Follow to File a Workers’ Compensation Claim in California

The Three Steps You Must Follow to File a Workers’ Compensation Claim in California

The Three Steps You Must Follow to File a Workers’ Compensation Claim in California

If you have been injured at work, you might be eligible to file for workers’ compensation. This type of coverage should cover you in most situations, even if you are partially or wholly at fault for your injury. In fact, you do not need to prove that anyone else was negligent. You simply need to prove that you were injured at work and that you are unable to work and/or suffered damages as a result.

A three-step procedure for submitting a workers’ compensation claim has been created in California. A California-licensed employment lawyer can assist you with each of the three steps. Read on to learn about the steps and then contact PLBSH at (800) 435-7542 for a consultation.

Injuries and illnesses must be reported

If you are injured on the job and do not require immediate medical attention, the first step in making a workers’ compensation claim is to notify your employer. To begin the insurance claim procedure, your employer must be informed of the injury. If you need to see a doctor for an injury, make sure to tell him or her that it happened at work. Reporting diseases isn’t always easy because symptoms might take days, weeks, or even months to appear.

Make a claim for workers’ compensation

You should get a workers’ compensation form, known as Form DWC-1, within 24 hours after reporting your illness or injury to your employer. You should also be provided with information about your rights and the workers’ compensation process. Follow the guidelines for the employee part of the workers’ compensation form on Form DWC-1. Once you’ve completed the form, send it to your company for fast processing. You can also send Form DWC-1 certified mail to your employer.

Your employer’s insurance company will reply

Your employer’s insurance carrier must reply to Form DWC-1 by either allowing payment for your medical care or telling you that the investigation into your claim is still ongoing. How you handle your workers’ compensation claim is determined by how your employer’s insurance company reacts.

Consult a workers’ compensation lawyer

If you haven’t called a workers’ compensation attorney by the time the third stage begins, you should immediately have a workers’ compensation attorney assist you for the remainder of the filing procedure. An experienced workers’ compensation lawyer knows when it’s time to file a claim adjudication application and how to address any disagreements that developed during the insurance company’s inquiry into your claim. Call PLBSH now at (800) 435-7542 to get started.

Certified Workers'
Compensation Specialist
Rated by Super Lawyers

loading ...

QUESTIONS? Call us anytime at (800) 435-7542

PLBSH Located at
300 East San Antonio Drive, Long Beach, CA.
PLBSH Logo Phone: (800) 435-7542

Free Consultation